The Doctor's Toolbag iPhone app developed by the BMJ Group and CEBMi Ltd. provides a fast and simple way to use the most effective rules in a busy clinical setting.
In the past implementing clinical prediction rules has been limited by the difficulty of remembering complex calculations and using them at the bedside. The Doctor's Toolbag helps with rules for diagnosis, while others are useful for screening or assessing risk factors. Combining these rules with the latest evidence from Best Practice and Clinical Evidence from the BMJ Evidence Centre, provides a succinct and up-to-date tool that can be incorporated into everyday clinical practice to help improve patient care.
* Contains 74 of the most useful clinical prediction tools for prognosis and diagnosis. Each prediction tool tells you what clinical features to look for, and what they mean for your patient
* Evidence summaries supporting each tool, with links to abstracts from key publications
* Rules searchable by title, specialist area & condition
* Hide/reveal supplementary information, including useful pictures and sounds
* Customisation of your homepage for one click access to your favourite tools
* Embedded article references, including links to sources, for convenient mobile browsing
* In-app web browsing of related content
* Adjustable font size
Doctor's Toolbag Update Service - available on subscription
* Regular updates to evidence summaries and prediction rules reflecting the latest clinical evidence
* Up-to-date information from BMJ Best Practice and Clinical Evidence about additional tests that may be required, treatment and relevant guidelines